The main difference between Mobil 1 Extended Performance and High Mileage oils is their manufacturing method. Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage oils are sophisticated full synthetic motor oils developed to help safeguard vital engine components for up to 20,000 miles between oil changes. Makers also claim that these oils assist prolong the life of cars with over 75,000 miles. Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil technology comes as standard equipment in many different cars, including high-performance automobiles. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Vs High Mileage oils meet or exceed the current industry performance criteria and are mainly developed to protect over extended oil change intervals.
For the most part, these oils are created by the blend of synthetic and petroleum-based oils, making these products often more expensive than regular oils. They cost a little more, but is it worth it?
This Mobil 1 extended performance high mileage review will explore the significant differences, chemical composition, pros and cons, and the genuineness of the manufacturer’s claims. Here we will also discuss the abilities of their Advanced Fuel Economy version.
|#||Type of Engine Oil||Preview||Product||Check Price|
|1||Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy||Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-16||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy||Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy||Mobil 1 0W-30 (Advanced Fuel Economy) Synthetic Motor Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Mobil 1 High Mileage||Mobil 1 High Mileage Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Mobil 1 High Mileage||Mobil 1 High Mileage Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Mobil 1 High Mileage||Mobil 1-120767-1 Extended Performance 10W-30||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Mobil 1 High Mileage||Mobil 1 High Mileage Full Synthetic Motor Oil 10W-40||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Mobil 1 Extended Performance||Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Mobil 1 Extended Performance||Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20||Buy on Amazon|
|10||Mobil 1 Extended Performance||Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30||Buy on Amazon|
Several automobiles have Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil technology as standard equipment. Extensive Performance Mobil 1 Full synthetic High Mileage oils are advanced lubricants that help safeguard engine components for up to 20,000 miles between oil changes. These Mobil 1 extended performance high mileage oils help cars with more than 75,000 miles last longer.
Longer oil change intervals demand longer-lasting protection, and Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage oils meet or exceed the current industry standards for performance.
General Overview of Mobil 1 Extended Performance Vs High Mileage vs Advanced Fuel Economy:
Here is the general comparison between Mobil 1 fully synthetic oils:
Mobil 1 Extended Performance keeps your engine operating like new between oil changes. Mobil 1 Extended Performance, with its strong formula and 20,000-mile limited guarantee, is less expensive than its more unique brother, Annual Protection. It comes with a 15,000-mile warranty. If your vehicle’s manufacturer suggests a longer oil change interval, compare it to Mobil 1 Extended Performance’s standards. If they match, Mobil 1TM Extended Performance will work.
Over 75,000 miles on the odometer, Mobil 1 High Mileage oil has a unique combination of additives designed to condition aging seals and prevent sludge buildup. This lubricant has a greater base oil viscosity, which provides better thermal protection, therefore increasing the engine’s life span. Mobil 1 High Mileage’s zinc and seal conditioners make it an excellent option for protecting engine gaskets and seals. In addition, several automobile owners report that using this fluid results in a quieter start for their vehicles. In a nutshell, this product is an excellent option for automobiles with heavy mileage. You can confidently use Mobil 1 High Mileage in new car.
Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy is a product that increases engine efficiency and provides excellent fuel economy for engines requiring low viscosities. Mobil 1TM Advanced Fuel Economy is made for these specific engines (mainly Toyota and Honda gas and hybrid engines that run on 0W-16 oil). Mobil 1TM Advanced Fuel Economy is excellent for cold starts and protects for up to 10,000 miles.
The vehicle owner’s handbook or manual provides proper guidance about the required oil viscosity, API service classification, and any builder approvals from the vehicle manufacturer. It is advised to check that manual before taking any decision.
- For Toyota, Honda, gasoline, or diesel engines, Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy is the best full synthetic motor oil. Using this unique additive-rich engine oil mix, the fuel economy may be improved by up to 2%.
- For use in gasoline and diesel-powered vans, SUVs, automobiles, and trucks, Mobil 1 High Mileage is synthetic motor oil. High-mileage cars should use this motor oil, which surpasses any traditional or synthetic-blend motor oil.
- Using a specific combination of high-performance synthetic base stocks, Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage 5W30 has been strengthened with a precise balance of additional components. Designed for today’s extended oil change intervals, Mobil 1 Extended Performance high mileage 5W30 is certified to protect for up to 15,000 miles. ExxonMobil suggests several automobiles produced by Honda, Toyota, Ford, and Chrysler for use with this product.
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage motor oils make longer service intervals in higher mileage cars easier.
- These products include a special combination of high-performance synthetic base stocks and a carefully calibrated component additive system.
- Motor oils developed for extended oil change intervals like Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage are designed to give exceptional engine protection, performance, and cleaning power.
- As a result of poor maintenance methods, your engine may have an overabundance of sludge deposits, which may be reduced by using Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage.
- Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil technology can’t save engines that have been neglected for a long time.
- It may save you hundreds of dollars over the life of your vehicle or more than two hundred more miles per year under ordinary driving circumstances if you use Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy synthetic motor oils.
Product manufacturers advise replacing the oil more often (5,000 – 8,000 kilometers) during the first two or three oil changes to reduce the accumulation of the sludge.
Mobil one comprehensive performance review:
Your car’s engine relies on the vitality of its engine oil, but most of the time, it is no more than just a marketing ploy by oil companies to get consumers to switch brands. In this review of Mobil 1 extended performance vs high mileage vs advanced fuel economy, we will differentiate between the facts and publicity gimmicks.
These three particular items by Mobil 1 serve a distinct function:
The main question may be; Is Mobil 1 synthetic oil good for your vehicle?
Extensive performance meets advanced fuel economy in Mobil 1 extended performance, high mileage, and refined fuel economy oils. While these formulas contain proprietary blends of high-performance base stocks fortified with additives specifically designed for high-mileage engines:
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance 20,000 miles change intervals.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage 10,000 mile warranty.
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 20,000 miles change intervals.
When it comes to overall performance, nothing beats Mobil 1, the motor oil used in a wide variety of cars, including some high-performance versions. Advanced in Fuel Economy by Mobil 1 is for those looking to keep their vehicle engine running like new for up to 10,000 miles without replacing their oil; 0w-20 advanced full synthetic motor oil is the best option for their vehicle.
Mobil full synthetic Vs Mobil 1 – Are they identical?
Full Synthetic motor oils like Mobil 1 are modified in a lab, and they are commonly hydrocracked mineral oils. They are sometimes almost 100% synthetic, but they become just Full Synthetic when carrier oil like mineral oil is added.
The 100% synthetic designation is given to PAO-rich lubricants, although Mobil has divided the range into high PAO and low PAO oils. PAOs may unwind molecules at high temperatures, increasing viscosity by entangling other molecules. The Mobil oil range includes different additives depending on the intended application of the oil, such as diesel, cold, racing, etc. To be sure, review the composition formula, although the Mobil website outlines each oil’s optimum uses.
You can also read: Why does my car smell like vinegar
Mobil 1 extended performance Vs high mileage Vs advanced fuel economy – complete comparison:
Here is the complete comparison between these three variants (Mobil 1 extended performance vs high mileage vs advanced fuel economy) of fully synthetic engine oils by Mobil 1:
· Oil type:
Type or kind of engine oil gives a complete idea about its quality. Compared to other types of lubricants, when we compare Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs advanced fuel economy full synthetic engine oils, they provide superior protection.
- Synthetic motor oil, Mobil 1 Extended Performance, is the most refined engine oil. As a result, this kind of oil may be made with unique technology and additives since it is entirely manufactured in the laboratory. Furthermore, this motor oil provides higher heat and oxidation stability, ensuring optimum engine life.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage performs best in hot and cold conditions as utterly synthetic oil. Furthermore, since it is made entirely of artificial ingredients, it has a long service life and does not require frequent replacement. In addition, this motor oil offers optimal engine protection and a pleasant ride.
- Sludge buildup may be prevented by extending the life of the pump. Anti-wearing additives with higher concentrations are more resistant to engine wear and tear. Its ability to work well in temperatures ranging from mild to high is also impressive. Increased TBN allows for longer oil change intervals, which improves fuel efficiency.
As opposed to the simple concept of resistance to flow, kinematic viscosity refers to the internal resistance of the oil to flow without any external force acting on it. The viscosity of an engine oil varies from one batch to the next, allowing for differing temperatures to be accommodated by consecutive batches. Let’s compare the viscosity of Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs Advanced Fuel Economy:
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy oil is best used at lower temperatures because of its rapid cold starter and low viscosity. Three viscosities of Mobil 1 enhanced fuel economy are available, namely 0W-16, 0W-20, and 0W-30, respectively. To avoid wasting too much oil, the oil is thin while the engine is cold and thickens as it warms. This allows the oil to go through the engine more rapidly and efficiently. The API and ILSAC GF-6A standards are met and exceeded with this motor oil.
- There are four viscosities or grades of Mobil 1 High Mileage oil: 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, and 10W-40. Mobil 1 high mileage motor oil is suited for use in both colder and warmer climates. With W, the W indicates winters, while the numbers 5,10,20,30, and 40 reflect regular temperature grades simultaneously.
- Mobil 1 Extended performance’s kinematic viscosity is high at 40°C and 100°C, resulting in improved performance at each of those temperatures. It has a comparable viscosity index, with Mobil 1 High Mileage indicating that their viscosities will change similarly when the temperature increases. Because of its low pour point, high Mileage is preferable for cold starts.
Whether synthetic or petroleum-based, almost all lubricants include additives (10-30%). Antioxidants, corrosion inhibitors, anti-foam agents, and demulsifies may improve base oil qualities. Pour-point depressants and viscosity index improvers improve base oil characteristics. Add extreme pressure (EP) additives, detergents, metal deactivators, and tackiness agents to base oils. Motor oils are enriched with additives and cutting-edge technology to enhance performance and protect the engine.
The additives comparison between Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs Advanced Fuel Economy is mentioned here:
- Additives have been added to Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy motor oil to assist preserve and performing a variety of essential tasks. The added ingredients make these cleaners perform their primary function more effectively.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage contains active degreasers and deodorants and anti-wear and antioxidant compounds. With the new additives in it, this motor oil assists in keeping the engine operating smoothly.
- Mobil 1 5W30 Extended Performance has a high concentration of additives having anti-wearing properties. Its ability to work well in temperatures ranging from mild to high is also impressive.
· Oil Changing Frequency:
A well-lubricated engine runs smoothly. The oil in a machine must be changed after a specified number of miles. Full synthetic motor oils are popular to provide better Mileage, and you’ll get a lot of miles out of your oil before it has to be changed with Mobil 1’s superior fuel-saving technology. The frequency of oil switching for Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs Advanced Fuel Economy is:
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economic oil can last between 15,000 and 20,000 miles before changing.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage synthetic oil change intervals are also useful. It’s designed for cars with over 75,000 miles on the clock and provides up to 10,000 more miles of driving before an oil change is necessary.
- Extended performance has a higher TBN, which indicates that it contains more alkaline ingredients. So, its oil change interval is between 15,000 and 20,000 miles, which provides a more extended break for oil changes. The greater the mileage, the lower the TBN, resulting in a higher frequency of oil changes.
· Overall Engine Performance:
When we compare these oils based on the engine performance of a vehicle, it is essential to consider the following dimensions:
1. Protection against oil burning:
Volatility is the rate at which oil evaporates. Highly volatile oil will quickly produce enough vapors to ignite, a lower flash point temperature, and be consumed swiftly. All of these traits reduce fuel efficiency. Oil burn-off increases the risk of engine damage and harmful emissions. There is also an increase in the number of deposits in the engine due to this.
In hot engines, the oil molecules might evaporate, resulting in a decrease in the oil level. More fuel is used as more oil is burned off. As a result, your engine oil will need to be changed much too often.
- Low-temperature properties of Mobil 1 Extended Performance help the engine start fast while protecting it from dangerous deposits. Antioxidants in this motor oil assist in keeping the oil from burning off and keep it stable at room temperature.
- To keep oil molecules from evaporating even under harsh settings, Mobil 1 High Mileage is a superb lubricant that increases stability in both heat and oxidation.
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy, with its excellent oil breakdown management and contribution to oil viscosity stability, ensures extended engine life and compatibility with engine seals; lessens startup stress.
2. Sludge buildup reduction
Many problems may be caused by sludge. It can clog valves, reduce oil pressure, and ultimately cease oil circulation, resulting in damage. Oil particles break down and mix with oxygen at high temperatures, causing oxidation when the engine is heated for lengthy periods. In the presence of gas, coolant, and water, a thick sticky paste known as sludge is generated when the oil particles further break down and join with dirt to form carbon.
- Additives such as detergents are used in Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy oils to improve fuel economy and to assist in cleaning the engine and minimize sludge buildup. Sludge and other dangerous elements left behind may be cleaned up by the active cleaning ingredients in this motor oil.
- The powerful cleaning detergents in Mobil 1 High Mileage assist in maintaining the engine clear of sludge and deposits. To ensure that the engine oil lasts as long as possible, these additives assist in keeping it in top condition.
- The amount of calcium-based detergents in extended performance detergents is relatively high. Magnesium content is somewhat lower than that of its rival. The salt content is also a little excessive. A tiny amount of silicon is also incorporated into this oil to prevent foaming.
3. Engine Wear Off:
Full synthetic motor oils include anti-wear agents and other additives to help keep engines in top condition for as long as possible. Anti-wear additives have the primary goal of reducing wear by reducing metal-to-metal contact. By adhering to the metal surface and producing an oil surface, they serve as a barrier between the metal components intended to protect. A thicker oil layer forms around metal parts when these components are present in greater concentrations.
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economic’s balanced additive component contributes to excellent wear prevention. All driving situations are protected from engine wear by the anti-wear compounds in the oil.
- Full synthetic technology in Mobil 1 High Mileage ensures that the engine and its vital components are well-protected. The anti-wear compounds also assist in preserving the engine from wear and increasing its lifespan.
- The oil burns more rapidly because it has a lower molecular weight. It is because the lighter molecules can’t handle the high temperatures. These chemicals decompose at high temperatures, increasing oil volatility. More lightweight molecules in Mobil 1 Extended Performance break down readily, making it more volatile.
4. Catalytic converter performance:
A thicker oil layer forms around metal parts when these components are present in greater concentrations. Zinc and phosphorus molecules are turned into toxic ash by the oxidation of the oil. This ash clogs the catalytic converter. Catalytic converter efficiency suffers as a consequence of the interference with its operation. Full synthetic motor oils include anti-wear agents and other additives to help keep engines in top condition for as long as possible. Reviewing Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs Advanced Fuel Economy, we get the following information:
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economics’ balanced additive component contributes to excellent wear prevention. All driving situations are protected from engine wear by the anti-wear compounds in the oil.
- Full synthetic technology in Mobil 1 High Mileage ensures that the engine and its vital components are well-protected. Mobil 1 High Mileage vs. regular oils have a different anti-wear compound ratio. The increased anti-wear compounds in Mobil 1 High Mileage also assist in preserving the engine from wear and increasing its lifespan.
- Zinc and phosphorus make up a large portion of the Mobil 1 Extended Performance formula. Due to the lower concentration of these chemicals, vehicles with a high mileage generate less ash than vehicles with low Mileage. As a consequence, the catalytic converter is better off.
5. Improved Fuel Economy:
The rate at which the oil evaporates is known as its volatility. As soon as enough vapors are generated that might be ignited instantly, such oil will be consumed quickly and will have a lower flash point temperature. All of these traits have the effect of reducing fuel efficiency. If your engine is functioning correctly and is in excellent health, you may save a lot of money on gas. Additionally, reducing oil burn-off and sludge buildup may significantly lower fuel use. When we analyze the improved fuel economy of Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs Advanced Fuel Economy:
- As a result of its outstanding thermal and oxidative stability, Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy prevents oil molecules from evaporating and keeps the oil level stable. It has been shown to increase fuel efficiency by up to 2%. Sludge and other dangerous deposits are prevented from accumulating thanks to the active cleaning agents in the engine oil.
- Special additives in Mobil 1 High Mileage assist preserve the engine from increasing performance and longevity. Antioxidants and detergents work together to keep the motor oil free of dirt and sludge buildup and keep it from vaporizing. Due to this, the consumption of duel is limited.
- Faster oil evaporation is caused by an abundance of Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil’s lighter-weight molecules. Because these molecules are much lighter, they will not withstand high temperatures due to the easy breakdown of these molecules due to the high temperature, oil volatility increases.
6. Protection of Engine Seals:
Engine oil additives, such as detergents, preserve the engine seal from modern technology and additives.
- Fuel efficiency is improved with active cleaning detergents in Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy. In addition, the engine seal has been shielded from additional detrimental deposits thanks to this additive.
- Seal conditioners from Mobil 1 High Mileage assist in keeping the engine seal from leaking. Another benefit of motor oil detergents is that they make cleaning easier and help to keep the oil-free of contaminants that might compromise the engine seal.
- There are zinc and phosphorus anti-wear compounds in the Mobil 1 Extended Performance and High Mileage oil. In Extended Performance, on the other hand, these two components are present in greater concentrations. The extended performance also contains somewhat more boron and molybdenum-based compounds. Both of these oils have trace amounts of titanium. Wearing safety gear is where High Mileage falls short of its competition.
· Cost Comparison:
The price of fully synthetic motor oils is higher than other kinds of lubricants. Although full synthetic motor oils are more expensive, the modern technology and unique compounds make them worth the extra cost. Mobil 1 Extended Performance vs High Mileage vs Advance Fuel Economy the price difference is:
- Full synthetic motor oil costs roughly $22.37 for five quarts of Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy motor oil.
- The price of Mobil 1 High Mileage is just $22.37, making it a good value for money.
- The cost of Mobil 1 Extended Performance for five quarts is $24.47.
Mobil is a well-known oil business. Thus, it’s safe to say that both engine oils are excellent. In addition to providing optimal performance, Mobil 1’s enhanced fuel efficiency and high mileage oils contain unique additives to help preserve the oil’s quality. You’ll receive your money’s worth no matter what you buy. You can trust Mobil 1 since they are a reputable company with high-quality goods for fats. Although, real-world performance differences between all of these items are almost negligible.
In this review of Mobil 1 Extended Performance Vs High Mileage Vs Advanced Fuel Economy, the final recommendations are:
- If you’re looking to save money on gas, Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy oil is the best choice. But if you want a more powerful engine, longer oil change intervals, and greater temperature control, go for the Mobil 1 Extended Performance motor oil. However, as I previously said, the usefulness of Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Vs Extended Performance this feature is very variable.
- If Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy, on the other hand, is better suited to colder conditions, while Mobil 1 high mileage review suggests that it is as effective in hotter ones. As a result, you have the option of relying on the local weather and road conditions.
- Extended performance cleansers sludge better owing to stronger detergent and dispersant concentrations. High Mileage oil has a stronger foaming resistance.
- High Mileage’s high flash point temperature protects against early burn-off, and in cold weather, it is highly beneficial.
- Extended performance offers higher anti-wear ingredient concentrations for improved lubrication and minor engine wear.
- In terms of affordability, High Mileage is more affordable than its competitors.
Best Places to buy Mobil 1 Extended Performance, High Mileage, and Advanced Fuel Economy Full Synthetic Oils Range are:
- It extends the life of the engine.
- Active cleaning products may be used to remove engine sludge
- Accomplished low-temperature qualities allow for speedy cold-weather starts.
- Advanced complete synthetic formula with low viscosity helps improve engine efficiency and fuel economy by 2%
- Excellent heat and oxidative stability; reduce oil aging for longer protection
- Excellent cold-weather starting and protection features assist in prolonging engine life.
- Optimum additive component system
- Mobil 1 0W-30 is formulated with a specific combination of high-performance synthetic base stocks and a carefully formulated additive system.
- High engine protection with low viscosity, sophisticated complete synthetic formulation
- This vehicle-specific oil outperforms Mobil high mileage oils
- Excellent overall lubrication and wear prevention for high usage engines
- Reduces sludge and deposits left by traditional oils Prevents leaks
- This product is auto accessory type
- Outstanding overall lubrication and wear protection
- This conventional high mileage oils protect critical engine parts.
- It is a universal fit type
- Excellent heat protection (up to 500°F) and cold protection (to -40 degrees F)
- It prevents harmful deposits and sludge accumulation, extending engine life.
- Protects against the five variables that cause engine wear.
- High-mileage passenger vehicle oil for older engines
- Protects wear, cleans well and performs well.
- Prevents sludge buildup Seal conditioner helps keep seals functional and prevents leaks.
- Suitable for automobiles, SUVs, light vans, and vehicles
- Deposit and sludge prevention for longer engine life
- Excellent overall lubrication and wear prevention performance in moderate to difficult operating situations
- Excellent engine protection for up to 15,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.
- Controls oil breakdown and maintains oil viscosity
- Longer engine life; compatible with engine seals; the reduced load on the starting mechanism
Q#01: Under the 20,000-mile warranty, what driving conditions are included?
Answer: Mobil 1 Extended Performance motor oil protects in all driving situations. Oil is guaranteed to last for 20,000 miles under typical driving circumstances. While your vehicle is still under warranty, you should always refer to the owner’s handbook to determine the recommended oil change interval.
You should follow the advice if you often drive in extreme or unusual situations. They include driving on dirt or dusty roads, sitting in stop-and-go traffic for lengthy periods, or participating in racing or commercial activities.
Q#02: When my car hits 70,000 miles, should I consider upgrading to Mobil 1TM High Mileage?
Answer: You have to do this. When your engine reaches that point, it begins to have specific requirements. Leaks, sludge buildup, and general wear and tear are more common in older machines. When using Mobil 1 High Mileage, you’ll find additives that assist in alleviating some of these concerns.
Q#03: How long is it safe to keep a Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5Q bottle that has been half used?
Answer: There’s no reason why you can’t keep oil indefinitely. If it’s open (not capped) and damp, it may condensate. Water is heavier than oil and hence sinks. If you put a little water in your engine with the oil, it should boil out after 15-20 miles. Manufacturers advocate more regular oil changes for cars driven just 5-10 miles per week due to the likelihood of water condensation in the engine.